What is this safari about?
This safari sends you on a spectacular journey over the unique Makgadikgadi salt pans of Botswana. With its endless expanses and flat surface, this breathtaking region of Africa offers an unforgettable horseback safari experience.
This is one of the best riding areas in Africa. The endless plains are traversed by countless zebra and wildebeest herds, followed by lions and cheetahs. Elephant, springbok and kudu are native here, while rare desert-adapted species, such as brown hyaena and aardwolf, can be observed with a little luck. There is a high chance of spending time with the habituated meerkat group, a special experience which is always a highlight.
The wide-open horizons invite you to gallop alongside thousands of zebra and to sleep under the impressive stars of Botswana, right next to your horse.
The journey’s first nights are spent in the idyllic Camp Kalahari on the edge of the Makgadikgadi Pans. Surrounded by palm trees, the camp offers the perfect opportunity to relax in preparation for the upcoming days in the saddle. Cool off at the pool or enjoy a relaxed lunch break admiring the scenery from the pavilion. In the following nights, you will sleep in mobile safari camps which will be set up in advance of your arrival on horseback. These consist out of comfortable dome tents, a central dining tent, toilets and bucket showers.
After an exhilarating ride, enjoy a long, cool drink while watching the sunset, followed by dinner under the glorious starry sky of the Kalahari.
3 or 5-night safaris are offered on set dates twice per month. Custom dates for group reservations are available on request.
Who can go?
- The safari is only suitable for experienced to advanced riders. Private safaris are available for less experienced riders.
- Day rides are offered for less experienced riding guests or for those who just want a glimpse of the Makgadikgadi salt pans.
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 8 guests.
What should I expect to pay?
The cost for 5 nights starts from USD $3,600 per person, sharing. The price includes all services.
What Extensions do you recommend?
- For riders, the Okavango Delta is a must do! However, as the delta is ‘Big 5’ terrain, it is only suitable for experienced riders. The camps there also offer activities for non-experienced riders.
- Most other safariFRANK Botswana safari options can be added to your journey.
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Contact safariFRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!