What is this safari about?
A 193km horseback safari adventure travels from the dense forest landscape of the Limpopo River to the beautiful Majele River of Botswana. Many game species and large herds of elephants can be viewed here. This riding safari is held over either 5 or 7 nights and is scheduled on a weekly basis.
Spend time riding in a remote wilderness. See a special vantage point with a fantastic 360-degree view over South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Relish the chance to see Africa’s famous big cats when exploring the rich green plains on game drives. This area is known for hosting lions, leopards, cheetahs and large herds of elephants.
A wonderful, eclectic mix of accommodation is used on these safaris. Begin and end at the comfortable Two Mashatus camp (with swimming pool), sample the rustic Majele River Camp and spend 1 night in a wilderness fly camp. A highlight is the 2 nights spent sleeping under the stars in an old tribal court called a ‘Kgotla’. End each day in comfortable walk-in tents with beds, cosy duvets, hot showers and fine dining in the breathtaking wilderness.
Watch full video here:
Who can go?
- Individuals, couples and small groups are all welcome.
- Can accommodate up to a maximum of 8 guests.
- Riders must be experienced and be comfortable at a canter and gallop and be able to do small jumps.
- The minimum age of riders is 16 years old, although should they be very experienced riders an exception will be made for children as young as 12.
- Non-riders are welcome and can partake in other activities such as game drives and bush walks.
What should I expect to pay?
The cost is approximately USD$525 per night, per person sharing. All services are included in the prices.
What Extensions do you recommend?
- We suggest a 2-night stay at the luxurious nearby Mashatu Tented Camp for some pampering, after the horse-safari.
- For further riding safariFRANK offer horse-safaris in South Africa, the Makgadigadi Pans or the Okavango Delta.
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Contact safariFRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!