What is this safari about?
This safari is a five day / four night adventure exploration and trail experience through the Selinda Reserve’s spillway, offering either a canoeing and walking adventure or a pure guided walking experience.
Each day is spent paddling or walking along the spillway and into the woodlands of the reserve, with the safari being governed by the availability of water. Over the five day period guests will walk just over 20km (12 miles) or canoe approximately 40km (24 miles) with each canoe accommodating two guests as well as their bedrolls and soft bags.
All four nights are spent in fly camps at pre-arranged sites.
Who can go?
- Individuals, couples or small groups are all welcome.
- Travellers must be minimum age of 14 years old.
- Groups are made up of between two and eight guests.
- No previous paddling, canoeing or walking experience is needed as tuition and safety briefings are given.
- Participants must be fit enough to paddle their own canoes and be prepared to walk between camps when water levels are not sufficiently high.
Where is this?
The Selinda Spillway is located in the private 320,000 acre Selinda Reserve of Northern Botswana, linking the Okavango Delta in the south with the Linyati River in the north.
What should I expect to pay?
The cost is USD $3,500 per person for the duration and is fully inclusive. Flights between Maun and the Selinda airstrip are not included, but a helicopter transfer from Selinda airstrip to the start of the adventure trail is.
What Extensions do you recommend?
For those looking to extend the adventure, there are also great canoeing safaris available on the Zambezi River in Zambia or Zimbabwe. Additionally, most other safariFRANK safari components can be linked up.
Ready for an adventure? Lets Talk!
Contact safariFRANK to get started on your safari of a lifetime!