The ultimate safari gameviewer!
Game viewing vehicles can often be cramped and uncomfortable, offering little legroom and no space to safely store your expensive photographic gear.
But not with safariFRANK – joining us is like an UPGRADE to Business Class!
Based in Maun Botswana, our ‘one of a kind’ vehicle is the BEST game viewer in Africa. Developed through close collaboration between the best international off-road expedition experts and a group of individuals with local Botswana safari experience, the result has been a vehicle boasting the ‘next level of luxury’. See more of the vehicle development program Here.
Some of the awesome features of the Beast are:
- Accommodating a maximum of eight guests with all individuals receiving a window seat. A walkway runs between the seats to allow easy movement around the vehicle.
- Increased ride height (1 meter above normal game viewers!) making spotting of wildlife so much easier.
- Imported luxury marine seats with arm rests and a folding seat base, allowing knee support when standing to take those special photographs that you don’t want to miss.
- Individual seat heaters with two settings for those chilly early morning Botswana game drives.
- The vehicle is exceptionally quiet which is great at sightings and also for guest’s comfort and social interaction.
- There is no vertical obstruction, allowing a 180-degree clear view for unobstructed photos.
- Clear front view for those ‘in the road’ special moments.
- If conditions such as rain or dust require, the vehicle can be completely closed in for the comfort of passengers. A particularly great feature for long distance travel.
- The cab of the vehicle has been removed completely so guests are open and on the same level as the driver / guide allowing for continual interaction.
- Off road capabilities second to none, with 24 forward gears and three diff locks.
- The design is based upon an Iveco Daily 4×4 – a class leading, off road vehicle from Italy.
- Full off-road racing suspension including King shocks from the USA, making for extremely comfortable driving (even in the worst conditions!).
- Long range (350 litre) diesel tanks giving a range of over 1500 km for those ‘off the beaten’ track expeditions.
- On tap water supply with 200 litre capacity for all day use.
- Access to the vehicle is obtained via an electric ‘stair case’ rather than a ladder.
- Large personal water proof storage for each guest for all the expensive equipment.
- A dedicated charging station for each guest, including 12V, USB and 220V.
- GimPro professional gimbals are fitted at each guest seat, with inside / outside vehicle positions for maximum flexibility.
- Side covers (and tsetse fly screens) are fitted to deal with African conditions when necessary.
- Two built-in fridges for keeping beverages cold at all times.
- Fully stocked on board library covering all aspects of the African ecosystem
Bigger vehicle, Lower Impact
- The BEAST might be big but it actually has an efficient, refined and smaller 3 litre engine – compared than the standard 4.2 litre Land Cruisers that are inefficiently tuned. The BEAST’s power comes from its clever use of reduction gears, not a massive engine as is the case in regular game viewing vehicles.
- The BEASTS engine and exhaust also comply with strict emission standards and has not been modified from factory – the results is a much quieter engine noise than a typical land cruiser game viewer. Often times you can’t even hear the engine, this means less noise pollution and impact on wildlife. And certainly less sooty exhaust emissions.
- The added height of the vehicle provides a better visual for wildlife viewing, resulting in less need to reposition and encroach closer to wildlife. Often times those in land cruisers need to off-road quite far and close to animals for an optimal view, whereas the BEAST and it’s guest can remain at a respectful distance to wildlife.
- The off-road ability of the BEAST is unrivalled. It’s near impossible to get bogged due to it’s diff-locks, aggressive tread pattern and clearance. The result being that the BEAST only ever leaves behind 2 tyre tracks (as does every vehicle), but without the big holes and impact from getting stuck that other less capable vehicles have, especially in the wet season.
Join us for an incredible safari in the Beast!
The Beast is now available to rent for your next safari or expedition, or as used on one of the safariFRANK scheduled photographic safaris.